Every year, during the spring break, millions of students travel to different spring destinations. They stay in hotels, drink, have parties and go shopping. Everyone has a relaxing mood and a positive frame of mind. Due to an overwhelming number of potential consumers in a place with an agile disposition, there is no better opportunity for you to advertise your brand or service in an efficient and cheap way.
In most colleges and universities, spring begins in mid-March, however, some institutes also offer this break in April. Spring break 2011 was announced. The following dates for some major spring break 2011 universities:
- February 28-March 4, 2011
Northeast, University of Michigan
- March 7-11, 2011
Penn State, Université de Montréal, Gonzaga, University of Central Florida, Michigan State University (Michigan)
- March 14-18, 2011
Arizona State University, New York University, Purdue, Rutgers, University of Minnesota, University of Massachusetts, Texas Tech, Colorado State University (Colorado)
- March 28 – April 1, 2011
University of California Berkeley, University of Hawaii, University of Colorado Boulder
There are numerous prominent and famous spring destinations, including Panama City Beach, South Padre Island, Havasu Lake, South Beach, Myrtle Beach, Clearwater Beaches, Daytona Beach, Ft. Lauderdale and South Beach. However, the following statistics show the most famous destinations along with the other details about past spring breaks.
- 38% of students (2.14 million) traveled for spring break 2005. Student Monitor LLC (MS)
- $ 1 billion was spent on spring breakers that ran between Florida and Texas in 2003. Marketing to Campus Crowd & TWENTYSOMETHING Inc. (MCC & TSI)
- Top 4 spring destinations in 2005 (MCC and TSI):
(1) Panama City Beach, Fla. (540,000 students went to Panama City Beach, Florida in 2005).
(2) Daytona Beach, Fla.
(3) South Padre Island, Texas
(4) Havasu Lake, Ariz.
- About 1 million students spend spring break in one of these four cities. (MCC and TSI)
- $ 170 million was spent on spring breakers in Panama City Beach, Florida, in 2005. (MCC & STI)
These spring breaks can provide the best advertising opportunities for your products and services to millions of potential consumers. Imagine the warm atmosphere, the dry necks and the cold waters of the sea, all these things can bring many thoughts to mind. Who would not like to have a tanned lotion or a chilled beverage to quench their thirst? Then comes a plane flying with a flag towed to its tail, which attracts everyone and suggests buying a lotion or drink. Also, individuals can express their feelings towards the loved one with the help of an air letter banner; wishing someone a happy birthday or offering someone special.
Most people, who consider air advertising to be an expensive option, are amazed to know how cheap it really is. You only have to pay for the moment the plane flies until it lands. The cost is about 50 cents per thousand prospects, obviously much cheaper than other advertising methods, ie TV, media, radio, etc.